STEC Workshop - presentations available on-line
by Dr Nigel French
Massey University, Palmerston North.
Ministry for Primary Industries.
- STEC and regulation - the issues and future directions (Roger Cook).
Meat Industry Association.
- STEC from an industry perspective (Kevin Cresswell).
STEC clinical research.
- HUS in New Zealand children: epidemiology, clinical aspects and outcome (William Wong)
Massey University STEC research.
- Epidemiology and evolutionary studies on STEC O157 and O26 in cattle and humans in New Zealand (Patricia Jaros)
- The application of new molecular and genomic technologies to understand the epidemiology of STEC7 in dairy cattle in New Zealand (Springer Browne).
- Comparative genomics of E. coli O26 (Patrick Biggs).
- Supershedders - how ‘super' are they? (Nigel French).
AgResearch STEC research.
- Understanding the cycling of STEC7 on dairy farms (Delphine Rapp).
- On-farm/pre-harvest control strategies for the reduction of STEC (Adrian Cookson).
- Antimicrobial interventions against STEC used on New Zealand meat plants (John Mills)
ESR STEC research.
- Increase in human non-O157 STEC (Muriel Dufour)
- Trials and tribulations of STEC detection (Angela Cornelius)
- Bio-control of STEC (Craig Billington) From PFGE to WGS (Brent Gilpin)
- STEC whole genome sequencing in the post PulseNet landscape.
- New technologies for STEC detection.
- Emerging trends with human STEC infection in NZ.
- Phylogenetic analysis of NZ STEC.
- On-farm STEC transmission dynamics - is there a ‘source'?
- Best-practice farm management to reduce bovine STEC carriage.
- Post-farm gate/on-plant STEC interventions.
- Environmental transfer of stx-encoding bacteriophage.